The cutting-edge commercial gas/oil Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 is a highly durable and capable cast iron boiler. The 88 Series 2 delivers a vast and robust heating range from 1,010 through 5,845 MBH. In spite of its impressive heating range, this commercial boiler can still achieve up to 85.7% thermal efficiency. Continue reading to learn more about some of the innovative features offered on the Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Commercial Gas/Oil Boiler.
Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Standard & Optional Equipment
Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Commercial Boilers Standard Equipment
All Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 boilers include a bevy of standard equipment, such as:
- ASME 80 PSI rated cast iron section
- Power burner for light oil, gas, or gas/light oil (except H-XX88)
- Insulated steel jacket
- Burner mounting plate with refractory (except H-XX88)
- Observation ports on back and front sections
- Cast iron flue collar with integrated breaching damper
- Flue brush
- Cleanout plates with reusable gaskets
- Excluding the front panel, the panels have three inches of insulation
Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Water Boiler Standard Equipment
The Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Commercial water boilers are designed with:
- Combination low limit and high limit with manual reset control
- 30 PSI ASME relief valve
- Combination temperature/pressure gauge
- Built-in air eliminator
- Nipple and 5" x 6" reducing coupling (only on models 1288 through 1888)
Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Steam Boiler Standard Equipment
The 88 Series 2 steam boilers include:
- High limit and low limit pressure controls
- 15 PSI ASME safety valve side outlet
- Gauge cocks, guards and glass
- Steam pressure gauge siphon
Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 Optional Equipment
In addition to the expansive array of standard equipment, you can further customize your Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 boiler based on your needs with a large selection of optional equipment. Some of the most commonly utilized optional equipment for the Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 boiler includes:
- Tankless heater opening cover plates
- Factory assembled sections
- Burner mounting plate with refractory for "H" units
- Tankless heaters for domestic hot water
- Intermediates with tankless heater opening
- Low water cutoffs
- Optional burners and burner controls
- Dual-range manometer
- Side inspection tappings with plugs (2 per section)
- Barometric dampers
Features of the Weil-McLain 88 Series 2
With a long list of improvements and upgrades, the Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 commercial boiler now delivers improved efficiency. Depending on the model, this boiler is capable of achieving combustion efficiencies up to 87.5% on oil and 84.8% on gas. In addition, the 88 Series 2 can achieve thermal efficiencies up to 85.7% on oil and 83.1% on gas.
When it comes to versatility, the 88 Series 2 is in a class of its own. The boiler can use up to 50% Series 2 iron on a Series 1 block. Best of all, it can achieve this backward compatibility without consulting Weil-McLain.
New Easy-Access Jacket Design
The Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 commercial gas/oil boiler was designed for easy cleaning and accessibility. It includes:
- Three inches of insulation to maximize thermal efficiencies and minimize jacket losses.
- Toolless jacket panels and modular jacketing to allow easy access.
- Modular side panels that facilitates simple assembly.
- High-temperature site glass grommets.
In addition, all components have easy-to-read part number labels to make disassembly and assembly as effortless as possible.
Innovative Clean-Out Plates
The 88 Series 2 commercial gas/oil boiler is designed with rugged ¼ inch thick solid steel plates. It also includes a Coated Woven Fiberglass reusable gasket.
Contact ATI of New York
ATI of New York is the premier manufacturer's representative for the Weil-McLain 88 Series 2 boiler. Our sales engineers and team of experts offer decades of experience assisting business owners and facility managers choose the best equipment for their application and heating needs. Some of the most common industries we serve include:
Contact Applied Technologies of New York today.