Regenerative gas boost systems are uniquely designed to efficiently move large quantities of air, while lifting the pressure of gas supplies to levels at which burners can operate more effectively. In many cases, a gas boost system is the only practical way to achieve the desired pressure, and a regenerative blower is often the most cost-effective type of gas booster.
Regenerative systems create low to medium pressure/vacuum with high airflow rates and are used across a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. They gain efficiency by "re-using" circulated air molecules. Most regenerative systems are single-stage, but two-stage models that can create twice the pressure also exist.
One of the most important features of regenerative gas boosters is their no-maintenance nature. Their impellers are their only moving parts and never contact the housing. This means they are essentially wear-free, other than the bearings (which themselves are self-lubricating).
Action Blower & Equipment Regenerative Gas Boost Systems
Action Blower & Equipment
Action Blower & Equipment (ABE) is a proven leader in the manufacture of gas boost systems in general and of regenerative systems in particular. Their "RGB" model gas booster is a complete "turnkey" solution that is fully compatible with numerous gas inlet/discharge connectors as well as with most electrical input sources.
RGB gas boosters are are very low-maintenance, not even requiring blower/motor lubricants, and they only run when necessary, which greatly reduces energy usage.
Standard Features of RGB Gas Boost Systems
The RGB gas boost system has many top-of-the-line features that have made it immensely popular in the commercial HVAC industry. Some of its most notable features are:
- Incorporation of ABE's greenbooster technology.
- A gas-tight regenerative blower with a magnetic coupling that prevents shaft-seal wear/leakage.
- An inverter-duty NEMA Premium Efficient electric motor, power output ranging from 1.5 to 15 HP.
- NEMA-3R controls for outdoor use and NEMA-1 controls for indoor use. Control panel comes with PID controller, input circuit breaker, VFD, and auto-run setting.
- Explosion-proof pressure gauge and shut-off safety switch.
- Speed auto-adjusted based on pressure sensor, ensuring just the right amount of gas is always delivered.
- Pipe sizes ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 inches, allowing for great compatibility.
- Sturdy steel base and lockable blower enclosure add to durability and safety.
- 100% approved by the Massachusetts Board of Plumbers and Gas Fitters.
ATI can work help arrange for customized RGB gas boost systems and can answer any questions you may have about the standard system's features/benefits.